This is the wonderful month of Ramadan. The sacred month when Muslims all over the world fast from sunrise to sunset – abstaining from food and drink, as well as from unhealthy lifestyle habits, negative attitudes and emotions, and sexual relations – as a way to devote themselves to their faith and come closer to Allah, or God. This year, consider using Biossentials 100% pure and natural essential oils to boost your Ramadan experience. The use of aromas have long be used to enhance spirituality, cleanse and detox, and Ramadan is all of those things and more.
Ramadan is not only a time for insight into those profound life questions, it is also a time of self-affirmation. Create an atmosphere of peace and reflection with essential oils to promote clarity of mind and appreciate life’s positive attributes.
Use these oils:
- Frankincense has a rich history as a holy anointing oil in religious ceremonies. Its deep and warming aroma is known for its stimulating and head-clearing qualities. Take advantage of its comforting properties this Ramadan to help with focusing the mind and enhance your spiritual experiences. Add 5 drops of Biossentials Frankincense essential oil to 10ml Rosehip oil in a roller bottle. Dab on your wrist before sitting down to make dhikr or use it as a perfume before heading out to tarawih.
- Alternately, use Biossentials Tropical Spice blend with frankincense, myrrh and sandalwood essential oils to harmonise the body and mind. Many oils in this scared blend have traditionally been used to aid meditation with balancing properties to help calm stress and tension. Diffuse in Biossentials Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser while reading the Qur’an and praying the night prayers.
The holy month stresses the importance of a refined and gracious code of conduct. Conquering your moods and feelings towards others can be overwhelming at times. Feelings of past experiences may rise up, forcing you to confront your emotions and find a way to heal. Part of the spirit of Ramadan in elevating to higher levels of spirituality, the fasting month also encourages Muslims to practice patience and compassion to others and even to oneself. As the saying goes, patience is a virtue.
- Lavender is kind to everyone with its purifying and soothing properties to promote states of harmony and calm. Place a drop of essential oil in your palms and inhale deeply.
- Bergamot can help shift moods to pep up the emotions with its light, slightly tangy and bitter citrus scent. Caution: Bergamot has photosensitising properties and can be irritating to the skin under sunlight. Diffuse 5 drops in a Biossentials Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser or simply open the bottle and inhale.
- Alternately, use Biossentials Peaceful blend with Lavender, Marjoram and Sandalwood to create a state of tranquillity and harmony for your mind, body and spirit. Best used before sleep. Place 5 drops in Biossentials Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser or place on a drop on a tissue near your pillow.
The month of fasting is a reminder to train our bodies to push past the pangs and not be distracted from our greater purpose. Intermittent fasting has also helped to highlight the health, weight and cognitive benefits of temporarily going without eating or drinking. Of course, we’re all humans. The sight and thought of food and drink are major temptations. Not only that, many tend to overindulge when breaking fast.
- Grapefruit is known to benefit weight loss. Its natural detoxification properties are super beneficial to curb your appetite and resist the temptation of eating. Place a drop of Grapefruit essential oil in your palm and inhale. Caution: Grapefruit has photosensitising properties and can be irritating to the skin under sunlight.
- Peppermint has been used for centuries for its ability to settle the stomach and is quite useful to help with digestion especially if you’ve eating too much during iftar. Blend 2 drops of Peppermint essential oil in 5ml of Almond Oil (about the size of a 50 sen coin) and massage in circular motions in your belly area.
For those who don’t visit the local “Pasar Ramadan” (Ramadan bazaar) daily for your iftar meal, there’s the inevitable, yet delicious smells of cooking! Diffusers and environment sprays are great ways to neutralise kitchen odours so that you aren’t smelling last night’s meals when you’re fasting the next day.
- With its sharp, lively scent, Juniper oil has been to purify and cleanse for centuries. Diffuse 2 drops of Juniper, 2 drops of Lavender and 1 drop of Tea Tree essential oils in a Biossentials Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser to clear your kitchen of unwanted smells. Caution: Juniper can cause skin sensitivity. It should be avoided during pregnancy and is not suitable for infants and babies.
- Biossentials Clean Air Freshener & Linen Spray with Eucalyptus, Myrtle and Tea Tree essential oils is great to use to naturally freshen and instantly deodorise your environment. Spray around your kitchen after iftar or suhoor.
For products that are not available at Biossentials eShop, please send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
From all of us at Biossentials, we hope you have a blessed Ramadan, reaping the benefits physically, emotionally and spiritually. Ramadan Mubarak!
What Are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are pure concentrated plant extracts. They are the essence of aromatherapy, promoting health of the body and serenity of the mind. Essential oils are typically used topically or through inhalation, and can be used to suit each individual’s unique requirements. Each oil has its own chemical components with beneficial properties stimulating the body’s own natural healing mechanism. Properties range from antispectic, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, pain relieving, relaxing and balancing to name a few.
Remember: Safety First!
While essential oils have a wide range of benefits, it is important to be safe when using essential oils. Many can be harmful if ingested, so don’t take them orally without consulting an expert. It is not recommended to apply undiluted essential oils directly on the skin; always dilute the oils in an unscented carrier substance, such as water, carrier oil or moisturising lotion before using. Each type of oil has different properties and safety precautions. Check the contraindications of the essential oil to ensure it is suitable for the general health of the person. Essential oils are not a substitute for any medication that have been prescribed by your medical physician.